The Vale Clinic
Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of treatment and service offering at The Vale Clinic. Your Foot health Matters are subject to the following:
Application and entire agreement
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of the podiatry and chiropody services detailed on our website trading as The Vale Clinic | Your Foot Health Matters Limited of Unit 15 Elms Walk Wokingham, Berkshire RG40 2FE(we or us) to the person buying the services (you).
2. You are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when you accept our quotation or from the date of any performance of the services (whichever happens earlier) and these Terms and Conditions and our quotation (the Contract) are the entire agreement between us.
3. ‘business day’ means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in England and Wales.
4. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
5. Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice versa.
6. We warrant that we will use reasonable care and skill in our performance of the Services which will comply with the quotation, including specification in all material respects. We can make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirements, and we will only notify you if this is necessary.
7. We will use our reasonable endeavours to complete the performance of the Services within the time agreed or as set out on The Vale Clinic website; however, time shall not be of the essence in the performance of our obligations.
8. All of these Terms and Conditions apply to supply of any goods as well as services unless we specify otherwise.
Payment fees for services received
9. Fees are payable for all treatment received. This can be paid for by cash (sterling), card, debit or credit card.
10. The fees for the Services are set on the website, under Pricing and are on a time and material basis.
11. Time of payment of provision of services shall be of the essence of the contract made between us.
12. Fees will be charged for additional services provided by us that are not specified at the outset, but are important to delivering the service to you, and will be agreed by you and us at the time of the performance. This may include items or products used during your treatment such as pressure relieving devices made and issued, insoles, dressings and medicaments, letter writting to your general practitioner.
13. For initial appointments, Minor nail surgery, Falknor’s Needling Procedure and for Orthoses or insoles you must pay the full fee as detailed on the website within 2 days of acceptance of the appointment/service provision of materials; or if the appointment falls on the same day as the acceptance, the fees for the appointment and materials must be paid for on the day, before or immediately after the appointment.
14. If you do not pay the fees to us according to the clause above, we can either withhold provision of services/materials until the full payment is made.
15. Invoices can be issued on request for treatment fees paid by you, to assist you with your treatment claim from your private health insurance company; however, The Vale clinic expects payment at the end of each follow up treatment.
16. Receipts for payments will only be issued at your request.
17. All payments due under the Terms and Conditions must be made in full without any deductions or withholding except as required by law and neither of us can assert any credit set-off or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of such amount.
18. Appointment bookings can be made by email request, online, or face to face in clinic.
19. Appointments are made at convenient times for both parties, that is, the Vale Clinic and you, however, on the occasion The Vale Clinic may offer to see you at an earlier or later appointment time to the original stated time, to allow for better use of the time slots available.
20. Treatment and service fees vary, and are dependent on the description and length of time of the appointment. Home visits fees are charged at a higher fee to clinic appointments, to cover travel and time costs.
21. If you miss or fail to attend your follow-up appointment, payment will be required from you in full.
22. Seven calendar days is given to balance up your account for treatment costs of missed or failed appointments. Treatment will be denied to you until the cost of the failed appointment is made to the clinic.
23. Without limiting any other right or remedy we have for statutory interest, if you do not pay within the period set out above in clause 22, we will charge you a 10% late fee.
24. If the fee for treatment costs is not paid within a month, the Vale Clinic reserves the right to refer your debts to a debt collection service for payment collection.
25. If you fail to attend appointments habitually, The Vale Clinic reserves the right to ask you to pre-pay for appointments and deny treatment if you refuse to settle payment for any treatment beforehand.
26. The Vale Clinic’s reserves the right to cancel appointments at short notice in circumstances beyond our control such as practitioner ill health, hospitalisation, accidents, acts of God e.g. extreme weather conditions; and we have to make any change in the Services or how they are provided, we will inform you immediately or as soon as reasonably possible. We will use reasonable endeavour to keep any such changes to a minimum.
27. We will offer treatment to all under The Equality Act 2010 without discrimination.
28. There is zero tolerance to abuse to staff, where this is the case, The Vale Clinic reserves the right to withdraw treatment, without notice.
Cancellations and amendment
29. The payment for services is ONLY fully refundable if 2 business days’ notice is given for a cancellation.
30. If you cancel an appointment with less than 2 business days’ notice due to circumstances beyond your control, including those set out in the clause 26 above.
We will use reasonable endeavours to make any required changes.
31. If you want to amend any details of your appointment, you must tell us by contacting us by telephone as soon as possible.
At one of The Vale Clinic sites –
32. Products purchased in the clinic or received from our affiliate partners must be checked for any damages or defect upon receipt.
33. REFUNDS: For products or items purchased in clinic, if returned to the clinic within 7 working days in its original packaging and original saleable condition with proof of sale, we will be happy to consider a full refund. Certain products such as creams and medicaments are not eligible for returns, if you change your mind, unless it is defective.
34. When the product is received by The Vale Clinic, the nature of the defect will be assessed, and if the defect falls under the warranty conditions, the item can either be replaced or monies refunded.
35. If the item is out of stock at the time of your enquiry, The Vale Clinic will make a new order and will give you the replacement, once received.
Online shop or from third-party affiliate companies –
36. Products purchased from The Vale clinic website at www.thevaleclinic.com/shop, can only be collected from one of our clinic sites, we do not send items in the post for delivery. For items purchased from The Vale Clinic’s third-party affiliate companies, please contact them directly and enquire about your item.
37. The Vale Clinic reserves all copyright and all other intellectual property rights which may subsist in any goods supplied in connection with the provision of Services and The Vale Clinic Website. We reserve the right to take any appropriate action to restrain or prevent the infringement of such intellectual property rights.
38. In relation to clause 37 above, intellectual property on The Vale Clinic website includes, but is not limited to the branding, content, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction and unauthorised use is discouraged in conformity with copyright laws.
Liability and indemnity
39. The Vale Clinic has made every effort to ensure that the information contained within the pages of this website is accurate and up to date. Content within the pages of The Vale Clinic website can only be changed by authorised persons.
40. The Vale Clinic liability under these Terms and Conditions, and in breach of statutory duty, and in tort or misrepresentation or otherwise shall be limited to this clause.
41. The total amount of liability is limited to the total amount of fees payable by you under the contract.
42. The Vale Clinic is not liable (whether caused by our employers, agents or otherwise) in connection with our provision of the Services or the performance of any of our other obligations under these Terms and Conditions or the quotation for:
a. Any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs or expenses or;
b. Any loss of profits, loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or, other third-party claims; or
c. Any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; or
d. Any losses arising directly or indirectly by any failure or your breach in relation to your obligations; or
e. Any losses arising directly from the choice of Services and how they will meet your requirements or your use of the Services or any goods supplied in connection with the Services. Provided that the practioner at The Vale Clinic gives you sufficient information to make an informed consent to treatment and use of Services.
43. You must indemnify us against all damages, costs, claims and expenses suffered by us arising from any loss or damage to any equipment (including those belonging to third parties) caused by you or your agents or employees.
44. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for serious incidents requiring investigations (SIRI) caused by our negligence, or for any fraudulent misrepresentations, or for any other matters for which it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
Reviewed: February 5 2023